Graciously Sponsored by:
The Foundation for the Preservation of Honey Bees, Inc.
The Georgia Beekeepers Association
Each year, Georgia 4-H and the University of Georgia’s Entomology Department organize the 4-H Beekeeping Essay Contest. This contest is a national competition offered by the Foundation for the Preservation of Honey Bees, Inc. The University of Georgia’s Entomology Department will determine the top three essays in Georgia and send the first ranked winner on to compete on the national level, competing against states across the nation. The national winner will be announced by June 15th.
2022 Contest Rules and Details
2022 Georgia Essay Submissions Portal
• Develop leadership, initiative, self-reliance, a sense of fair play and other desirable character traits
• Learn the skills of farm management and an understanding of the business and career opportunities
• Demonstrate individual leadership abilities
• Develop leadership abilities, build character and assume citizenship responsibilities, and develop skills, knowledge, and attitudes for lifelong use
- 2021 Georgia Winner – Aarsheya Gunjal, Cobb County
- 2020 Georgia Winner – Venya Gunjal, Cobb County (and 3rd Place National Winner!)
Please contact your local Extension office for more information.