A number of scholarship opportunities are available to 4-H’ers involved in livestock projects.
- This opportunity is for cattle exhibitors at the 2023 Georgia Junior National Livestock Heifer and Market Beef Show. A minimum of five scholarships will be awarded. Recipients of these scholarships will be announced during the Georgia Junior National Show Market Beef Championship Drive on Saturday, February 25, 2023.
- Deadline: Completed application and letters of recommendation must be emailed to Carole Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5:00 PM on February 9, 2023.
- This cash award will be given annually to 4-H or FFA members involved in youth dairy programs or activities and who need financial assistance in order to participate in workshops, conferences, field days or any other dairy-related activity that would enhance their leadership abilities. Exhibiting your Dairy Heifer Project is not considered a qualifying program for this scholarship.
- Deadline: Completed application and letters of recommendation must be emailed to Carole Knight (email@example.com) no later than 5:00 PM on March 1, 2023.
- The GFB Foundation for Agriculture assists outstanding students who plan to pursue a career focusing on agriculture and who exhibit leadership skills for active involvement in the agricultural sector. There are numerous scholarship opportunities available on their website. https://www.gafoundationag.org/scholarships
- This scholarship is handled through the Georgia Foundation for Agriculture.
- Deadline: March 1, 2023.
- Each year, Sullivan Supply offers 20 scholarships of $1,000 each to youth displaying a great passion for the livestock show industry and/or livestock production.
- Candidate must be a graduating high school senior or college student 21 years of age or younger; resident of the U.S. or Canada, and not a previous Sullivan scholarship winner. An agriculture major or a career goal in livestock is not a requirement but a continued future involvement in the livestock industry is. More information can be found at www.sullivansupply.com/scholarships/
- Deadline: March 15, 2023.
- One $1,500 scholarship in memory of Lee Harris, Jr.
- Five $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors who have been actively involved in the Georgia Junior Livestock Program
- These scholarships are handled by the Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation.
- Deadline: Application packets are due to Callie Akins (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 1. For questions, contact Callie Akins via email or phone 229-237-4236.
- The USDA/1890 National Scholars Program is available to high school seniors entering their freshman year of college and rising college sophomores and juniors.
- Deadline: March 15, 2023.
For more information:
Extension 4-H Specialist, Animal Science Programs – Livestock