Camp Jekyll plays host to one of the many UGA Extension 4-H Summer Camps. Other camp locations include: Burton 4-H Center, Wahsega 4-H Center, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, and Fortson 4-H Center. 4-H Camp on Jekyll Island is a week-long experience that includes visits to the beach and many other fun and exciting activities. 4-H Camp is a memorable and rewarding experience. Cooperation and character building, along with just having a great time, are all part of the camping adventure.
Summer Camp Assignments
Each Georgia county is assigned to a 4-H center for a specific week of Cloverleaf Camp. Camp registration is not handled through the center but through your local County Extension Office. Most students attending Cloverleaf Camp have completed the fifth or sixth grade; however, at their discretion counties may choose to allow campers who have completed the third or fourth grade to attend Cloverleaf Camp. ALL Cloverleaf campers must be at least 9 years of age before their first day of camp.
The Georgia 4-H Camping Website contains a helpful chart listing where and when each county will attend Cloverleaf Camp in 2020 and contains active links to your County Extension office to call to sign up!
Registration information for the Air Force Teen Leadership Summit is not currently available. We are unable to share until Office of Secretary of Defense approves all camps for promotion. In past years, this has been in March or April.
Check out the Georgia 4-H Military Summer Camps Page for more information.
Cloverleaf Camp Activity Highlights
– Competition throughout the week between Color Crews for the Captain’s Bell!
– Enjoy the Thursday Night Extravaganza Party (camper crew skits, dancing, and the always popular Variety and Slide Shows)!
– Catch a fiddler crab and have fun in the muddy marsh during March Ecology!
– Explore Jekyll Island by Bike: riding along beach paths, forest trails, marsh boardwalks, and through the Historic District!
– Get Wet at Summer Waves including the Turtle Creek Lazy River, Frantic Atlantic Wave Pool, and 5 slides!
– Explore and shop at the new Jekyll Island Beach Village and Historic District Shops!
– Learn to canoe on the Tidelands Pond and explore the exhibits at 4-H Tidelands Nature Center.
– See what you can catch in water while seining the intertidal zone for fish, squid, and crabs with your fellow campers!
– Hike through the mysterious maritime forest and meet various reptiles and touch a snake, alligator, and turtle during herpetology!
– Take a trip to the beach for splash during organized beach swims!
– Have fun during Evening Rec with games such as Basketball, Volleyball, lawn and board games, dancing and more!
– With your color crew as your team, compete in the crazy Pirate Games!
– Have a beach party and build amazing sand castle creations during Sand Sculptures!
– Enjoy some delicious and refreshing watermelon and marshmallow roasting at the Wednesday Luau!
– Enjoy tasty food from the Diamondback Dining Hall!
– Enjoy a campus wide scavenger hunt during Turtle Crawl!
– Work with your cabin mates to earn the Clean Crab or Tidy Turtle!
– Be entertained by the counselor campfire skits and songs under a beautiful starry night sky!
– Have the best week of summer ever having fun and meeting new friends!
Summer Camp Promotional Materials
– Check out our Camp Jekyll flickr page to see lots of pictures from previous summers!
– Although a little dated, be sure to watch this video showcasing many elements that make Summer Camp at a Georgia 4-H Center so much fun!
Communicating with Campers
– Please refer to the Georgia 4-H Cell Phone Guidelines for information on cell phone use at Georgia 4-H events.
– You can submit email message greetings to campers using the Camp Messaging System (please note campers will not have access to a computer to email you back!).
– You may also mail campers letters and care packages via parcel post but please be sure to place items in the mail no later than the first day of camp (Monday) to insure items arrive before campers depart Friday morning (we often have camper mail arrive after campers depart on Friday!). Be sure to include the camper’s name and County name on the address. Please adress mail to:
Attn: Camper’s First and Last Name
Camper’s County Name
550 South Beachview Drive Jekyll Island, GA 31527
Check back for 2021 schedule!