Wilderness Challenge Camp
Dates: Summer of 2024: June 17-21
Join us for a thrilling week of camp focused on outdoor survival and adventure for the middle school child currently in grades 6-8.
Some of the activities to be included in this year’s Wilderness Challenge Camp:
- Whitewater rafting on Tennessee’s Ocoee River
- Participate in all the high ropes activities Wahsega has to offer: Zip line, flying squirrel and climbing wall
- Classes at Wahsega especially developed for Wilderness Challenge Camp such as fire building, campfire cooking, hike to an amazing waterfall and swim, shelters and knots, and more..
- Night recreation with dancing and outdoor sports
- Fun times hanging out with new friends at Wahsega
- and much more
Drop Off and Pick Up Times
Transportation is provided by your county 4-H office, but parents can also drop off or pick up campers at these times if you prefer:
Drop off campers at Wahsega 4-H Center between 1:00P-3:00P on Monday
Pick up campers at Wahsega 4-H Center between 9:30A-10:30A on Friday
- Wilderness Challenge One Page Flyer 2024
- Wilderness Challenge Camp Video
- Complete Wilderness Challenge Camp Guide for Parents and Youth
- Wahsega Rafting Waiver
All participants, adults and campers, must complete the waiver form for rafting. Children MUST BE 12 YEARS OLD on the Thursday of camp (rafting rules). On the form be sure to fill out all the circled areas and give form to your local county extension office.
Who should participate?
Campers must have a positive attitude and must be ready to participate and jump in with both feet. Wilderness Challenge Camp is open to 4-H’ers in 6th, 7th and 8th grade (must be 12 years old by the Thursday of camp) . If you know someone interested in attending Wilderness Challenge Camp, please share this opportunity.
For reservations, call your county’s Cooperative Extension office and ask for the person responsible for 4-H camp. You can find contact information for each county online at: http://extension.uga.edu/about/county/index.cfm