Every year, thousands of students from all across the state enjoy our day and overnight Environmental Education Program! Our classes are engaging and hands-on, immersing the student in the natural environment to actively apply concepts learned in the classroom. All groups are welcome including public, private, home-based, religious and Montessori schools, as well as clubs and scouting groups.
Environmental Education Goals
- To develop an awareness, knowledge, and appreciation for the natural environment.
- To cultivate curiosity, critical reasoning, and evaluation skills.
- To develop positive relationships among students and their teachers.
- To make the school program more meaningful by applying knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to real-life situations.
- To provide experiences in using scientific processes, such as observing, measuring, classifying, etc.
- To develop self-confidence and physical fitness.
- To develop an appreciation for the local and natural history of the area.
All of our classes in our Environmental Education Program offer hands-on learning experiences that enhance skills taught in the classroom through a curriculum that is aligned with the Georgia Department of Education curriculum standards. We offer day classes as well as overnight trips to students ranging from Pre-K through 12th grade. Join us for a fun-filled educational experience that your students will be talking about all year! Our environmental education program works cooperatively with the University of Georgia in an effort to provide a research-based education at our facility.
For additional information, please contact Jessica Simoneaux at 770-946-3276 or by email email@example.com