2022 Dates – Not Yet Announced
National 4-H Conference is a future-focused program that aims to build strong leaders through roundtable discussions, briefings with government officials, and visits with national legislators.
Being selected to represent our state at this conference is one of Georgia 4-H’s highest honors. Through a combination of applications and interviews, four Georgia delegates will be chosen to attend National 4-H Conference. Selected delegates who attend the conference will be eligible for Master 4-H’er status.
About National 4-H Conference
The unique environment of the program allows delegates to engage with national 4-H leadership (including USDA and NIFA) and to learn how to better utilize youth-adult partnerships. The program reinforces the ties 4-H has to the Extension Service and the land-grant university systems that make 4-H possible. Roundtable discussions generate ideas for club and community improvement, and students are encouraged to implement these ideas in their home states. Through the roundtable process, students also build valuable leadership skills including team-building, flexibility, and communications. Delegates also have the opportunity to become more familiar with the national government while discussing prominent issues the students see in their home states and communities with national leaders.
Important Dates and Deadlines
National 4-H Conference 2022
Applications are due in late fall. Interviews for selected finalists will be held at Rock Eagle 4-H Center during Fall Forum. Please contact your County Extension Office to learn about specific deadlines and details.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in 4-H
- Applicants must be in grade 9-12 by January 1 of the conference year
- Applicants must not have previously attended National 4-H Conference
- Applications will be accepted from interested 9th-12th grade 4-H’ers
- Select applicants, chosen solely on the basis of the application, will be interviewed as finalists on the Saturday of Fall Forum at Rock Eagle 4-H Center. This is the only time when finalists can be interviewed.
- Delegates will be selected on basis of:
- 4-H Project Work
- 4-H leadership work
- Leadership activities in other fields
- Civic engagement activities
- Essay submitted with application
- The total Application should be no more than six pages including:
- Contact Information Page
- 2 Pages of 4-H & Leadership Activities
- 2 to 3 Page Essay
- Applications received after the posted deadline may not be considered.
- Please send your completed application to Jason Estep at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must arrive in Jason Estep’s email inbox by 5:00 PM on the afternoon of the posted deadline.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
323 Hoke Smith Annex
Athens, GA 30602-4356
Fax: (706) 542-4373