Build memories that last a lifetime! Be a part of 4-H’s unique camp and conference opportunities and experience seasons of fun, friends, and the great outdoors!
Help us plant the seeds for greatness in our youth as you embark on a journey into 4-H’s extraordinary camping centers across Georgia. Become a positive role model for our young people and watch as 4-H’ers build friendships, memories, skills, and experiences! Georgia 4-H camps and conferences are seeking volunteers who are determined to excite and inspire the successes of our nation’s next generation of leaders.
Chaperone Responsibilities Include:
- Providing transportation as needed
- Supervision of youth at camp both in cabins and during camp activities/classes
- Cooperating with other volunteers and staff at camp
- Enforcing the 4-H Code of Conduct and camp policies
- Administering routine prescribed medications and treatment of minor injuries.
- Must provide own transportation to meetings and activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and program participants
- Completion of screening and training (information and links below)
- Ability to work with youth in positive youth development
- Ability to work and communicate effectively
- Ability to handle sensitive issues, discipline, and emergency situations
Any adult, paid staff or volunteer, who chaperones youth overnight, is the lead volunteer of a Charter 4-H Club, or is a Certified SAFE coach must complete the Georgia 4-H Certified Chaperone training.