Burton 4-H Center welcomes all students, parents, and homeschool groups! We offer a Fall Homeschool Club (August-December) for local groups to individually sign-up to participate in as well as provide opportunities for organized homeschool groups to create a program.
If you want to get notified of our current homeschool club programs, updates, and more, please complete the signup form below to be added to our listserve.
Burton 4-H Center - Fall Homeschool Club
Each Fall the Burton 4-H Center provides opportunities for Savannah-Chatham County homeschoolers to connect and learn about coastal ecology on Tybee Island. Please check back Summer 2021 for our Fall 2021 Homeschool Club opportunities.
Please note, we are unable to provide Homeschool Club opportunities during our Spring (February-April) season due to the demand for school group reservations.
Alternatively, please sign-up in the tab above for our Homeschool listserve to receive updates on future homeschool club programs and alternative opportunities.
Want to book your own homeschool trip?
The Georgia 4-H EE Program welcomes all students, parents, and homeschool groups! We treat homeschool groups like all of our school reservations.
To determine whether day programs or residential programs are the best fit for your homeschool group, please see the considerations listed below visit our day programs and residential (overnight) program pages.
If you are ready to book, please visit and complete the reservation form on our Rates & Reservations page.
Considerations before making a homeschool program booking:
- Identify one person to be the “lead contact” on behalf of the homeschool group. The lead contact is responsible to pick group classes, collect money, arrange deposit and1 form of payment as well as other organize details and other logistics of the trip outside of our standard program.
- The minimum is 15 paying people to make a reservation. Our maximum is 156 people.
- Teaching groups are determined by overall group size. We aim to have 10-15 students in a learning group. The more students you have, the more likely we can accommodate multiple teaching groups based upon ages.
- Rates are per person (parents and students) for both day programs and overnight programs. We do not adjust rates for individuals and families who choose not to participate in all of the classes, meals, and lodging available.
- The minimum age recommendation for students is to be 5+ years old. The program is a lot of fun but can be physically exhausting due to long days and evening classes for younger students
- Reservations open 18 months in advance. We recommend homeschool groups to book during our Fall Season (August-December) as most school groups book months and years in advance for our Spring Season (February-May). Please note, availability can always change.
Other homeschool program questions?
Please contact our Environmental Education Program Coordinator for other questions.
Erine-Fay McNaught, EE Program Coordinator
Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island
Phone: (912) 786-5534 Fax: (912) 786-9814