The 2021 Joint Reserve Component Teen Leadership Summit is canceled. We will miss seeing everyone together at Wahsega 4-H Center. Georgia 4-H has been a proud coordinator of military camps for over ten years, and we are proud to continue supporting military families by connecting teens with alternative opportunities for 2021. A great resource to find information about the other 2021 Military Teen Leadership Summits is Purdue University’s Military Teen Adventure website.
Wahsega 4-H Center
May 30 – June 4, 2021
This 6-day, 5-night experience offers teens an opportunity to grow and develop not only in their own leadership abilities, but also as reserve component military youth. Reserve component teens will experience high adventure elements including a climbing wall, rappelling down a rock-face, whitewater rafting, and other high-rope elements. Teens will have opportunities to meet other military youth from around the globe and share experiences while making new friends. The objective of this summit is to introduce military teens to not only their parent’s military service branch, but also to the growing joint nature of their work.
Parents will be responsible for:
- Getting their teen to/from the airport
- All baggage fees
- Spending money for snacks or souvenirs
- Meals during airline travel
Everything else – including airfare, transportation and all meals while at the Summit, camp registration fees, and lodging are paid by a grant through a partnership with the University of Georgia/Georgia 4-H. The Summit is a result of a partnership funded by the Department of Defense between the Office of Military Community and Family Policy and the USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture through a grant/cooperative agreement with Purdue University.
Applications for 2021 Teen Leadership Summit Adult Leaders are now open!
Volunteer Camp Dates: No camp in 2021
Volunteers at youth activities could find themselves assisting with registration, setting up snacks, refreshing craft supplies, or even leading an activity about a topic of their interest at a youth event. This area also includes serving as an Adult Leader for one of our summer camps. A general call for volunteers will be sent out when there is a need for any youth event. Sign up for our Mailing List to receive event and camp volunteer opportunity updates in the future.
Interested adults (ages 21+) should complete the following form with a wet or digital signature. Forms can be submitted with Adobe Reader, scanned & e-mailed to email@example.com, or FAXED to 706-542-4373. All adult leaders will be subject to a background check.
- Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Priority is given to applicants over 21.
- All Volunteers must complete the 2021 Military Camps Volunteer Application
- All Volunteers must complete a Volunteer Agreement
- Volunteers working with youth must complete a Screening Application, supply 3 non-related references, pass a background check, and complete the online training, Georgia 4-H: Working with Youth & Managing Risk.
- Volunteer drivers must pass a Motor Vehicle screening (included in volunteer application).
To best protect volunteer’s sensitive information UGA requires volunteers to personally enter their sensitive information into a secured system. With this system, volunteer applicants will receive an email from SterlingONE and/or HR TruCheck providing instructions on accessing a secured portal to enter their information. Requested information will include volunteers Social Security number and driver’s license. The applicant will authorize their consent of background investigation online when providing personal information. UGA HR will continue to approve the background investigation once the investigation is completed and a UGA Military Staff person will inform volunteers when further training or information is needed. If you have questions throughout the process, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Please Note: If using a digital signature to complete the UGA Application for Screening, all form fields must be completed before placing your signature. Any changes made after signing will not be saved.
The newest version of Adobe Reader DC can be downloaded for free at: get.adobe.com/reader
- Go to the Georgia 4-H Camp & Event Registration Site
- Create a user account — the account creation procedure is a 3 part process:
- Select ’Create Account for Parent’ from the left hand menu and fill out the form. You will receive an email with an account activation code.
- Click the link included in the email and paste the code into the form.
- Enter your preferred password
- Select the appropriate event.
- Be sure to click the insert link on the left hand menu to get to the application form.
- Also, note that more than one participant can apply using the same account.
Hoke Smith Annex
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602