AgTastic Adventures is a 4-H Air Force day camp that is designed to teach and reinforce what students are learning about agriculture from all generations. Air Force participants from Houston County, Geogria will have the opportunity to connect with other Air Force (Reserve, Guard, Active) youth while participating in agricultural tours, exploring various ag careers, and hands-on learning experiences in Southern Georgia.
We will be focusing on opportunities that you have available to you now and in the future. This is going to be a great chance for youth to learn more about agriculture and its opportunities in Georgia.
All costs (activities, food, transportation, insurance, etc.) are included. Parents will be responsible for getting their camper(s) to/from Houston County Extension. Transportation costs are not included to/from the office but will be covered for the day camp portion as youth travel to the various sites.
To be eligible to attend AgTastic Adventures camp, you must:
- Have a parent currently serving or retired from the military. Priority goes to youth with a parent serving in the Air Force, Air National Guard, or Air Force Reserve.
- Be enrolled in grades 6-8 for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Chid/parent is a resident of Georgia.
- Have transportation daily to and from the Houston County Extension Office.
- Attest that all information is truthful and accurate.
Due to the facilities and transportation, participation will be limited. Registration opens April 26, 2021, and closes once all spots are filled. If there are more youth than we are able to accommodate, youth will be placed on a waiting list. All correspondence will be via e-mail provided in the application.
For more information, contact Sam Price, Extension 4-H Agent in Houston County at firstname.lastname@example.org